1 Timothy 3:14–15 (NLT) 14 I am writing these things to you now, even though I hope to be with you soon, 15 so that if I am delayed, you will know how people must conduct themselves in the household of God. This is the church of the living God, which is the pillar and foundation of the truth.
- John 15:16–17 (NLT) 16 You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.
In “Fruitfulness on the Frontline”, Mark Greene lists six diff ways we can bear fruit in our lives: (Fruitfulness: bringing God’s way of doing things to the world)
• Modelling Godly Character – Philippians 1:11 (NLT) 11 May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ—for this will bring much glory and praise to God…
• Making Good Work – Matthew 5:16 (NLT) 16 In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
• Ministering Grace & Love – reaching out to others to bless them – Galatians 6:10 (NLT) 10 Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.
• Moulding Culture – true story – Peter – Jeremiah 29:7 (NLT) 7 And work for the peace and prosperity of the city where I sent you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, for its welfare will determine your welfare.”
• Mouthpiece for Truth & Justice – Proverbs 31:9 (NLT)9 Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.
• Messenger of the Gospel – Acts 1:8 (NLT) 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- Disagreeing well – Acts 15:37–39 (NLT) 37 Barnabas agreed and wanted to take along John Mark. 38 But Paul disagreed strongly, since John Mark had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not continued with them in their work. 39 Their disagreement was so sharp that they separated…