At 12:01am Thursday 9 September 2021, the Emergency Management (Activities-Associated Direction No 13) (COVID-19) Direction 2021 came into effect.
- Density requirements are at 3 people per 4 sq metres.
- People employed or engaged to work, or undertaking official duties, for the purposes of the activity are not to be counted.
- Infants and children of any age are to be counted.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask for any activity taking place on the church property.
- Congregational singing is allowed with masks being worn.
- There should be no communal serving facilities.
- Consumption of food and beverages are to be done while seated (morning tea).
- The physical distancing principle of 1.5m is to be encouraged.
- COVID-Safe Plans, COVID Marshals and an appropriate Contact Tracing Systems all need to be in place.
- A cap of 20 people for Gathering at Home. The cap includes those living at the premises.
The following restrictions have been updated:
- A cap of 150 people for Private Activities (including Weddings, Funerals and Birthday Parties) at a non-residential premises. The cap includes those leading the activity.
More Information About Caps for Private Activities
For Private Activities at the church for up to 50 people:
- A COVID-Safe Plan is required (which includes the church’s QR code),
- Masks must be worn in shared indoor places,
- A person may sing indoors if a mask is worn,
- Dancing is permitted.
For Private Activities for 51-150 people, in addition to the above:
- A COVID Marshal is required,
- But dancing is not permitted.
One service – 10:00 am | Capacity is limited to 450 in the Kondole.
Face masks mandatory for all indoor gatherings | unless you are 12 or under or have a medical exemption.
Congregational singing allowed with masks on |