COVID-19 Update – Wednesday 31 March 2021
Stay home if you are unwell
Stay 1.5 metres from others not in your group
Regularly wash or sanitise your hands
No physical offering taken (go here for direct deposit details)
From 12:01 am on 31 March 2021, the Emergency Management (Public Activities No 21) (COVID-19) Direction 2021 came into effect.
By room size: up to 3 people per 4 sq meters can attend in the room without the need to wear a mask. Our room size in the Kondole is 600sq metres, so this new ruling will allow us to continue with seating still distanced and not required to wear masks unless we had over 450 people (we don’t have that many seats).
The Physical Distancing Principle still applies and churches “must use their best endeavours (having regard to the all the circumstances, including the nature of the activity) to comply with the physical distancing principle.” (Quoted directly from Direction 21.)
The Direction goes on to say “the physical distancing principle does not apply to persons who live in the same household, or who are friends, family members or people who otherwise regularly associate with each other”.
What Stays the Same?
- People must take reasonable steps to maintain 1.5m physical distancing.
- A COVID-Safe Plan is required.
- A COVID Marshal is required.
- Electronic contact tracing is required.
- Infants and children are still counted in the numbers.
- Staff and volunteers with specific roles in the services are not counted.
- If you are serving communion and/or morning tea at church all the usual hygiene requirements still apply, and shared utensils or platters cannot be used.
Grace and peace,