Our primary purpose is to glorify God. This takes place through loving God, loving our neighbour, and making disciples in obedience to the commands of Jesus.
A newly developed site will enable VHBC to expand current ministry capacity and activities as well as providing the necessary space for growing ministries. Victor Harbor Baptist Church is ideally situated as a place of significant spiritual impact being located on the expanding Southern Fleurieu Peninsula, servicing as far as Currency Creek and Goolwa through to Willunga, Mt Compass, and Normanville.
In 2019 the concept plans based on the Needs Analysis Report (see attachment) was complete and Architects Mountford Williamson were engaged. In September 2020 these plans were submitted in the Development Application to the Victor Harbor Council.
The approximate cost of this project is estimated at $3m – $3.5m. This is an intimidating amount of money for any congregation. The leadership is committed to executing the building plan with as little debt as possible, understanding that ministry is not sustained through money, but through obedience.
The total sum required for the building project is undeniably challenging, but the biblical principle for giving is that each is to give generously as they can afford (as the Lord has blessed them – 1 Cor. 16:2). Christians are not expected to give what they don’t have, or beyond, but to give from what they are able (2 Cor. 8:12). When this takes place God will provide for His work.
What is being asked is that people consider committing to regular giving for a time period (for example 3 or 5 years), to allow the leadership to plan financing the project. It is understand that any commitment made may be subject to change as individual circumstances change.
The Financial Strategy
The Development Team along with the Elders and Leadership Team are prayerfully considering finance options from the following sources:
- The church property account and savings
- congregational giving – one off gifts + ongoing giving + pledges
- interest free loans
- potential agency grants
- bank loan from Baptist Financial Services
- assistance from congregation volunteer trades people
How You Can Help
- Pray for wisdom and patience as we seek the funds needed to build our new church
- Contribute through direct giving/ongoing pledges
- Support fundraising programmes
- Promote the project to our community and share the exciting vision God has entrusted us with. If you have any questions or would like some more information, please contact the church.
Feel free to speak with Graham Pathuis (Chair) or Pastor Tony Ling.