We’re continuing our study on thanks and giving, and last week I commenced by letting you know how to enhance your wellbeing significantly.
- help build new relationships or boost current ones because you’re just a nicer person to be around
- help you forgive yourself and others
- reduce anger and increase empathy
- help you sleep better, experience increased energy levels
- help you appreciate what you have.
Gratitude – the attitude of thankfulness – improves health
Gratitude – this idea of being thankful – has an impact on mental and physical and spiritual well-being – research in past few decades.
Practicing gratitude – attitude of thankfulness – increases dopamine in your brain and encourages your brain to seek more of the same.
(the stuff that makes you feel good! To do with the brain’s pleasure and reward system – dopamine levels influence our mood, sleep, ability to concentrate, blood flow)
So, scientifically speaking, the more you are grateful for, the more you will find things to be grateful for.
All they’re doing is telling us what we already know from the Scriptures…