Matthew 4:18-22 NIV
18 As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” 20 At once they left their nets and followed him.
Now is it just me, or has the last few weeks had a distinctly “2020 feel” about them? I was thinking about last year with lock downs, border closures, plans being thrown into disarray.
And at church remember last year we had:
- 5 different service times
- Moved church to this school
- Did online church for a while
- Basically lived on zoom for a few months for ministry, meetings and small groups.
- And even cancelled a Sunday service the night before with the simple flick of a text message.
Now think about the past few weeks. We have:
- Had our 2020 AGM from last year in 2021
- Cancelled 8 baptisms at 8pm the Sat night before
- Last week we worshipped in creative ways with prayer stations because it was legislated that we were not allowed to sing!
- And we’re back to travel plans being cancelled, people missing significant life events, and 2 weeks isolation is all of a sudden a “thing” again.
There’s something very 2020 about all that…